Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 June 2014

City of London

10th June 2014

The second day of my trip we spent in the city of London. The city is impressive and beautiful in my opinion.
Business point - 10 000 people live here. Can you believe?



The fountain
London lies on the River Thames
City of London

Flower bed in the city so lovely

The City is a major business and financial centre.[8] Throughout the 19th century, the City was perhaps the world's primary business centre, and it continues to be a major meeting point for businesses.[9] London came top in the Worldwide Centres of Commerce Index, published in 2008. The insurance industry is focused around the eastern side of the City. A secondary financial district exists outside of the City, at Canary Wharf, 2.5 miles (4.0 km) to the east.








7 comments:

  1. Very pretty weather for your visit. I love the photos. I visited London once back in the 1980s

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found the Canary Wharf area very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see London through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so much fun to see these photos since we haven't been to London in such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see the London city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited London many years ago, but I imagine it has changed a great deal since. I enjoyed your photos very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the reflections in the windows in your photos, especially the one where the cloud are reflected. Looks like you had some nice sunny weather.

    ReplyDelete